Our aim is to provide a first-class service and to do everything we can to ensure you are satisfied. If you feel that we have fallen short of this standard and you wish to complain, we ask that you first contact in writing the Bartholomews member of staff who has been your contact and explain that you are dissatisfied with an aspect of the service you have received. If after receiving a response from the member of staff concerned you remain unhappy with the way your complaint has been dealt with you should set out your complaint in writing to:
Mr. Leon Hunter
Director – Bartholomews Property Management
15 Penrhyn Road
Kingston upon Thames
Please note that formal complaints may not be submitted by email, in person or by telephone.
In order to resolve your complaint, we would ask that you include the following information and evidence, if applicable:
- An outline of your complaint explaining why you feel that we have fallen short of our first-class service.
- What you would like us to do to resolve your complaint.
- Any specific details that you feel would assist us with resolving your complaint. Including, but not limited to:
- Name of member of staff person have dealt with in connection with the complaint.
- Copies of any written correspondence in connection with your complaint.
- Any other document in support of your complaint.
On receipt of a formal complaint, we will investigate the issue(s) you have raised and respond to you accordingly.
The timescales for dealing with a complaint are as follows:
- You will receive a ‘letter of acknowledgement’ in respect of your complaint within 10 working days of receipt of your complaint. If we require additional information from you in order to investigate your complaint it will be requested at this stage.
- Assuming that we have not requested additional information, you will receive our ‘final response’ to your complaint within 20 working days of the date of our ‘letter of acknowledgement’. If additional information is required, the timescales stated herein will not apply and we will set out an alternative timescale on receipt of the additional information.
- If we are unable to resolve the matter within the 20 working days as stated above, we will provide you with reasons why we could not meet this time frame and provide you with an estimate of when a ‘final response’ will be received
After our ‘final response’ has been issued, we may deem the complaint closed. If we deem the matter closed, then we reserve the right not to enter into any further correspondence in connection with your complaint.
We are members of the Property Redress Scheme. If you remain unhappy with the response received from us and have exhausted our complaints procedure, you can contact the Property Redress Scheme to ask them to investigate your complaint.
In order to take your complaint to The Property Redress Scheme the following must apply:
- You must have made an official complaint to us, in writing and received our ‘final response’ letter.
- It is still within 12 months from our last communication with you regarding this complaint.
The Property Redress Scheme is a government approved Redress Scheme that resolves complaints between Members and their consumers. The complainant must have exhausted the Member’s internal complaints procedure and remain dissatisfied with the Member’s response. The Property Redress Scheme is free to use for the complainant and further information and guidance on how to resolve complaints is available via their website.
In order to make a complaint, please contact the Property Redress Scheme directly or alternatively, visit their website and fill out a Complaints Form. The Property Redress Scheme contact details are as follows:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post at: The Property Redress Scheme,
Premiere House 1st Floor,
Elstree Way Borehamwood Hertfordshire WD6 1JH